Monday, June 22, 2015

Sickness, Exhaustion, Discouragement...Excuses, Excuses, Excuses

Yep, those are my three biggest excuses! I am sick and exhausted so I can't physically do as much which discourages me! And guess what..they are valid excuses....for a while. Sometimes, occasionally, once in a while. But I think I am digging a hole in them!

See, I haven't felt great since October. It is now the end of June. That is a long time. I USED to be really good at pushing through and getting stuff done, just in smaller spurts. Now I just sit. And whine. And dream and wish that I felt better. And you know....those are valid feelings.

BUT...here is the kicker...the laws of physics apply. An object at rest tends to stay at rest. I might gain some energy when I am really sick and I rest and let my body heal. But when I am struggling with this nagging ick, not a debilitating sickness, then I end up staying at rest more and more and more. Then I have no energy, and I don't want to do stuff, and doing stuff is harder because I am more and more out of shape.

Does anyone else struggle with this?

Well today is my day. My day to overcome. See, I am tired of being tired and I am sick of being sick. I am headed to the doctor tonight for a request for a full battery of tests, no more throwing an antibiotic or allergy meds and hoping something helps. Tests with answers that we can then approach this and cure it instead of treating symptoms. And then to the exercise and getting stuff done. Even if I have to do small spurts, exercising between small amounts of sitting and recovering my breath. I am GOING to get this done! NO MORE EXCUSES!


No comments:

Post a Comment